CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  SoCal Trip Reports    The SANDMAN Lands a 46.3Lb Halibut off Newport
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SANDMAN Lands a 46.3Lb Halibut off Newport
 Login/Join

Captain
posted Hide Post
Why don't you move back Planet? You seem to have really enjoyed your time in So cal.

89 Reinell CSF Cuddy 21.5Ft

Posts: 142 | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Waiting on FIT TO BE BIT. Gotta find out if his boat was used to chart all them GPS coordinates. Tap tap tap.

Captain
posted Hide Post
I found out, Iggy, that once one leaves one's home, one can't move back. The Huntington Beach (area) that I knew is gone.

Since I was a little boy I wanted to live in Hawaii. Been there three times. But, there has been so much development (t-shirt shops, mostly) that the reefs are poisoned, and one must have fish caught within a mile of shore, that weigh a pound or more, be checked for poison before eating. Houses that sell for a third of a million here sell for 8 million there now!?! So, Hawaii is off my map.

The only place that attracts me now is the San Diego area, so I can spend less time getting to and from the boats! I am working on that...

Thanks, Iggy, for your excellent recommendation. If and when I do get to move back west, I'll be sure to let ya know. I'd love to go fishing with you, your dad, and a mess of the CharkBaitians!

Posts: 302 | Registered: 17 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
Picture of FIT TO BE BIT
posted Hide Post
Iggy,
Shoot me an email at fittobebit@sbcglobal.net
Al

"You don't judge a fisherman by his gear but by how much time he spends in his laboratory"

Posts: 8 | Registered: 22 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Oh Cr@p i haven't checked this thread in so long.. I'll drop you an Email tonight.

Mine is imagenatas@hotmail.com

Captain
posted Hide Post
BTW - Planet. You're right. there's something about attempting to move back to anyplace that has a strange feel to it. Its almost like re-reading a chapter in a book or in some cases a step back in the path of life. The Huntington Beach you knew in terms of fishing is definately not as once was. Thats why i cross the channel for some better waters. Its expensive but worth it.