CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  SoCal Trip Reports    Bluefin 1 1/2 day Bright and Morning Star 08/27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluefin 1 1/2 day Bright and Morning Star 08/27
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
Sensational trip, Bluefin on the chew 170 miles out. Bright and Morning Star out of H and M Landing made a long run for a 1 1/2 day, putting us on the fish. Bluefin averaged 12 to 25 lbs but picked up 2 bluefin at 40 plus lbs on last stop. Amazing we went that far but Capt/Owner Ben wanted us on the fish - we were just 60 miles from the Lupe. Best set up was straight 25 lb with a 3/0 hook. I am very positive on this boat. Get out and get some while the bite last - we finished with 111 bluefin 24 yellowfin 6 dorado and 1 big Albie pushing the 40 lb mark. I finished the day with 1 yellowfin at 25 lbs and 4 bluefin ranging 12 to 20 lbs. Oh yeah and lost my possible best ever after a 20 min fight - yea you can pull to hard on a fish Frowner

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jigman,

Posts: 145 | Registered: 24 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post