CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  SoCal Trip Reports    Laguna Niguel lake report for 1-4. Bonus minijig'n video
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laguna Niguel lake report for 1-4. Bonus minijig'n video
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Hit LNL up again yesterday. Big line in the morning but not nearly as many tubers on the water so there more room to fish today. Fish bit pretty good too, caught 10 from 7am untill 11:30am and saw a guy land a 12.10 on 2# about 50' from me. Also saw a couple nice 4 to 6lb models cuaght as well. Same pattern as before.

Also here's my fist real video with my GoPro. Big thanks to my son Kory for his help on setting me up to edit the vid. He's been doing skateing videos for the past year so he's got it down now. Anyway, hope you like it, it has some killer minijiging hookup footage in it.

Mini jig'n Laguna

http://youtu.be/VevcrVgXh6g

tight lines,
B

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UnReel,

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manager CB San Diego
Captain
posted Hide Post
Hey Beta - you killed it again! Question: on your minijigs, do you add any scent or do you fish them straight?

Thanks!

Posts: 106 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Whats happen'n Mike and yes I'm adding Garlic scent to my minijigs about evey 10 casts.

Manager CB San Diego
Captain
posted Hide Post
Hi Beta - thanks! Question, what garlic scent do you use? Spray? Jelly? If you don't want to expose all of your secrets, I'll understand Smiler.

- mike

Posts: 106 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Good morning and no worries Mike, always happy to share info. Been using two types. Procure garlic super gel and Siberian garlic oil on 1/16 and 1/32 minijigs. Cast, let sink and then a slow 1-2 1-2 1-2 twitch of the rod tip while slooowly turning the reel handle. If you feel any resistance on the retrieve, swing!!!!!

Deckhand
posted Hide Post
Hi Unreel. Thanks for posting the video.
Helps to actually see someone jigging rather than reading about it. I also noticed your method of dehooking the fish. I just net em and put em in the boat, then figure out how to get the darn hook out...

I assume you were using 4lb izorline? Just curious...

Posts: 15 | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Glad you enjoyed the video bud and I'm happy to here it helped you out. The trout I keep I just grab by hand and the ones I'm going to release I use the hemostats on them as I dont want to touch them if their going to be released. The net is for the big fish. And yes I was fishing straight 4lb regular Izor clear all season so far. No flouro topshot.

Good luck and you hope you crack'em next time out.

tight lines,
B