CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  SoCal Trip Reports    Laguna Niguel Lake Jan 7 2012
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laguna Niguel Lake Jan 7 2012
 Login/Join

Deckhand
posted
Hello,
So i am no where near the fisherman unreel is, but we did ok. It was a nice day on the lake.
Arrived at 530am to find only 10 in line.(much better than during holidays where the line would be 20+ at 530!

We had a big group. 3 boats, 10 anglers, 14 poles.
Most anglers were novices. Only myself and my brother were experienced. (an I am not that experienced really).

Here was our take:
my boat - 3 people - 6 rods - caught 4 from 6:30-1115am. This included 1 potty break for my 5 year old son and my Dad. (3 generations in one boat!)

my brother's boat - 4 people - 5 rods - caught 3 trout, 4 crappie, 1 bluegill - This also included a potty break.

3rd boat - 3 adults - 4 rods - 1 trout.
This also included a potty break.

My brother and I were mostly fishing powerbait micetails, and he was jigging a lure.

Note - missed 3 hook ups from my boat, and farmed about 2-3 more. (had one bad reel of the 6 and that one, of course got hit 4 times - won't make that mistake again)

Thanks UnReel for the help over the phone today. I can't wait to actually jig my lures correctly next time!

Posts: 15 | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post