CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  SoCal Trip Reports    Laguna Niguel Lake 2/01/12 report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laguna Niguel Lake 2/01/12 report
 Login/Join

Deckhand
posted
So hit up Laguna Niguel today with my dad.
Great times!

Got there about 520AM, was #8 in line. By the time 600am rolled around there were about 20 in line.

Got or boat and hit the flats. Was first boat on the water.

First fish on in about 15 min. Once the sun came over the hill, it got very busy.

We had a double hookup, and even a triple hook up.
Ended up with 11 fish, 4 caught and released.

I was fishing the powermice and my Dad was fishing one power mouse and on nightcrawler with peach powerbait on it.

I tried some lure fishing but nothing there.

My dad ended with 7, and I think I had 4 - but it may have been 6-5, I honestly can't remember.
I also caught a branch too...

Was using 6-8 inch leaders. Got hit on the white early, and then my Dad's nightcrawlers were getting hit the best.

Last fish caught was 1030am, and we had to go at 1130 (bummer)

Oh yeah, and we had to leave our sweet spot for a pee break at around 800am, right when we were getting bit the most.
Oh well, when nature calls!

Was great to see you out there unreel! You were killing it. Someday I'll figure out how to jig like you.
Thanks as always for the advice.

Tight lines everyone!

Posts: 15 | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Good seeing you both at the lake yesterday. You guys did good. Saw a few guys at the B-dock with only 1 or 2 fish ea.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post