CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  SoCal Trip Reports    Laguna Niguel Lake 1/22/12 report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laguna Niguel Lake 1/22/12 report
 Login/Join

Deckhand
posted
Nice day at the lake today (as long as you don't mind a very muddy shore.)

Drove up at 5:25AM, was #8 in line.

Set up in zone 3 from shore, and had an ok day.
Caught 6, and farmed a couple.
Bites were very light and there were many "taps" on the line that I didn't count in my "farmed" list.

Normally, I don't farm so many.
Guy on my left got skunked and left early. (not sure why he wasn't getting bit at all)
Folks on my right caught 3 early and then nothing.

I did figure out not to set the hook until it was clearer there was a fish on. Once I did that, I stopped farming and caught my last 4 relatively quickly.

Wish I could have stayed longer as I think the bite was starting to pick up.

Fish seemed to be dispersed, I got 1 hit in very shallow water (15 ft from shore) and rest were deep. (I cast my rods deep after I noticed the shallow ones stopped getting hit, and folks to my right (who caught 3 all shallow) stopped getting hit.

Nice day, overall. Glad to have learned a lesson regarding being patient on that bite, it really seemed to make a difference...

Tight lines all!

Posts: 15 | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post