CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  SoCal Trip Reports    Good Fishing 1 1/2 day Pacific Queen 08/03
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Fishing 1 1/2 day Pacific Queen 08/03
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
Went out not expecting to much as fish reports have been slow. Wow what a nice surprise it was to find big, nasty, mean yellowtail under the kelps! 150 miles out the skipper found the right conditions. Nice grade of 18 up to 30 lb fish. One paddie had a swarm of flying fish charge the boat, with a herd of hungry yellowtail streaming in behind them (coolest thing I ever seen) - the whole boat was bendo! Some paddies no fish, some paddies ones and twos, some paddies lots of fish no biters - but 2 paddies held the mother loads. Also beside yellowtail the boat picked up 4 Mahi Mahi on paddies and one lone lost yellowfin on the troll. Used my Avet MXJ 25lb and Avet MXL with 30lb. No secrets here, tied my P-Line CXX straight to a 2/0 J hook. Ended the day with 4 yellows, got my best ever at 25lbs. Out of my 8 hook ups boated the 4, sometimes just couldn't stop them bad boys from the kelp! Deckhands were sensational at clearing up angles and tangles. Skipper went far and beyond to put us on the fish, our arrival time back in San Diego was 10:30 am. That shows he was willing to go far and stay late to keep us in the zone! I'll ride this boat again for sure. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jigman,

Posts: 142 | Registered: 24 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report and nice job on the 4 tails. Especialy your PB 25#er.

Hope those fish keep working up the line so we can get a shot at them up here.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Hey Jigman, What boat? Sounds like he deserves recognition!

Posts: 760 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Agate D:
Hey Jigman, What boat? Sounds like he deserves recognition!
The Pacific Queen out of Fishermans Landing

Posts: 142 | Registered: 24 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post