CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  SoCal Trip Reports    More Irvine lake trout action 11-30 report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More Irvine lake trout action 11-30 report
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Yesterday morning I hit up Irvine lake again trying to beat the big Santa Ana winds that where forcast for yesterday afternoon thru today. Plan worked out great. Got to the lake around 5:30am and was aound the 30th car in line. Not to many people there yesterday. Anyway rented a boat again and trolled all morning in great conditions. Here's a pic leaving the rental boat dock

and looking west toward the damn

Tried a few different lures but the hot pink Mira shad was still my top producer as you'll see in the pics with all my fish comming on them. Also, 90% of my fish came off Rocky pt. Anyway, took a while to get bit as I think my first fish came at 7:03am

second around 7:36 or so

then a little lull. Around 10 to 12 it went off pretty good,
third fish at 9:53am

fourth at 11:11am

hard to admit but I also dumped 4 or 5 right at the boat between 10am and 1pm. Had to be home by noon to smog my wifes car and then pay the reg. so I was trying a bit hrd to get that fifth fish so I could get out of there and get home but it only made me late as I stayed untill 1pm trying to get that last one. Never happened but I left happy with 4 and a ton of mist oppertunitys.

Days catch

Might try Laguna next tome or maybe even get off my butt and take the skip out for some lobsters or maybe some butt'n.

Tight lines,
B

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UnReel,

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post