CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  SoCal Trip Reports    Rockfishing on the Bankrobber 3-4-11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rockfishing on the Bankrobber 3-4-11
 Login/Join

CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted
Headed out yesterday with my buddy Capt Dean Morrow on his boat the BankRobber. Along with us was another good friend Jason who ownes and runs SCSurffishing.com. We left at 8am on Friday morning and ran out to a few spots with high hopes of loading up on some nice quality rockfish. First few spots produced some nice fish but not the #'s we where looking for so Capt Dean went looking around and it didn't take long for him to put us on the fish. Both quantity and quality. Here's our days catch,triple limits, of good quality cods.

Mid day I saw Dean hookup to and then dump a nice ling on one of the cod spots so I reeled up my line and pinned on a biiiig bait and dropped it down on a new Charkbait prototype jigging rod that I was given thursday to try out. Well the bait got bit in a minute or two of hitting the bottom. Here's a pic of the tug o war. I won.

The rod worked sweet and helped me pull this 20lb class ling out of his hole and up to the boat for JP fish of the day.

Also, the ling was released. After the codding we did a little scouting around for lobsters but only managed a few for our effort. It was a great day on the water with good weather, good fishing and most of all good company. Also, I'll post a few action shots of the day as soon as I get them from my buddy.

tight lines,
Behdad
AKA "UnReel"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: UnReel,

Posts: 170 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post Beta and nice to have you with us finally.

As a side, Beta and I go back about a dozen or so years. After I blew hiring him by way of me being a numbnuts and not responding to an email, he worked down the street for several years. Well, he dropped by a few weeks ago and came aboard. If you're local to HB a private boater, there are few guys out there who know more than this character. Stop by and pick his brain. He shares well!

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1488 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words Mark and its great to be a part of the Charkbait team.

Also, got the live action pics from my buddy Jason so here's a few more pics of the day and the crew. Sorry for the delay in posting the pics

First red of the day

myself with a vermilion double.

Morning jackpot red.

On the rail with the new Charkbait Ahi jigging rod

Ahi rods victom, a nice ling

myself and Capt Dean with some nice Coppers

Jason wih a pair of chucklers

Dean with a double on reds and myself with a tanker copper

Jason with a chucky and red double and myself with a double red

Sunset on the BankRobber

Hot setup was the Strike Master double shrimp rockfish rig with each hook tipped with a squid head or squid strip and a 1lb torpedo sinker.

Tight lines,
B

Posts: 170 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
That's Mega Fish Taco's Big Grin

Posts: 153 | Registered: 24 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post