CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  SoCal Trip Reports    Laguna Niguel Lake 2/08/12 afternoon report (from shore)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laguna Niguel Lake 2/08/12 afternoon report (from shore)
 Login/Join

Deckhand
posted
So decided to try some afternoon fishing today.

Got to lake at around 130 or so, first line in the water around 200pm or so.

Caught 1 in first 30 min, then nothing. (nightcrawler + powerbait)

Next bite wasn't until 440pm, when I (finally) figured out the where and what to present. (yellow red micetail - near float tube launch)
Got bit on that one only about 5 min after casting out.

Brought him in, and recast again, caught the 3rd at about 455PM.

Was desperately trying to bring him in, unhook him and recast again, because I knew I would get bit again, but alas it was 5pm and the guy came and said time to go.

Oh well. 3 fish in 3 hours, not bad. Just wish I would have found the combo about 30 min earlier, I probably would have limited out.

Tight lines everyone!

PS - A guy caught an 11 pounder around 300pm or so in zone 2.... That was a NICE FISH!

Posts: 15 | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report and nice job rounding up the 3. Lot of big fish being caught out of that place. Seems like every time I go there someone is weighing a double digit fish.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post