CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  New Gear    Just picked up a Avet JX Raptor.. what rod do I put it on?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just picked up a Avet JX Raptor.. what rod do I put it on?
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
Me and a buddy are going on our first 4 day long range out of SD towards the end of August. I have a lot of gear that I think will handle most the lighter stuff (I currently have avet SX, MXL, and MXL 2 speed reels) 20,30,maybe 40#. I wanted something a little more substantial to fish heavier line and I scored a killer deal on a Avet JX raptor. Now the question is what rod do i put it on? From using my google-fu it sounds like a Calstar 700H would work well. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08 July 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
A United Composite RCE 700xh rated 40-60# or the United Composite RCE 700xxh rated 50-80# would be great options as well. Light, thin and super strong for about 30 bucks less than the calstar 700h.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post