posted Hide Post
Or, with line counter...

lc Lexi

Posts: 1489 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
New cedar plugs from Ahi/Promar - fish skin finish - available in singles or chains.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Promar

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Seigler, don't call us Truth or Release or...whatever. It's Seigler and that's probably what it should have been to begin with. Wes Seigler is a great guy and darn clever tinkerer. He's a gear head, and it shows. Their SG's, SM, LG/LGN, SS reels have been very, very good. Their new fly reel is nothing short of great. They probably have the most robust and well thought out GT Fly Reel on the market today.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Seigler

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Easy take down, all you need is a fish hook. An allen wrench will be needed to remove the foot, and there's some very good engineering on that overlooked necessity.

Seigler

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Interesting and well considered stepped spool design.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Seigler2

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Reliable's new cooler, another well thought out product, should retail at $100...and be worth the money.

reliable

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Van Staal showed off a new SMALL sized VR 50. Should go for close to $500 and be the light line definitive surfcaster reel. It's not a VS, but for it's intended application range it doesn't have to be and it will be a lot more appealing to anglers given the pricing. Performance will be very good no doubt. Super light, maybe 10oz...

Great Stuff!
Mark

VR

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
While food at shows always is overpriced and under performing, there was one Japanese group who did things right, with a real Sushi Chef barking at folks good humorously while showing off sashimi with a crunch...and hook.

Great Stuff!
Mark

yum

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Next amazing thing that caught my attention...
ZOMBAIT. I'd come across this one a couple years ago, a crowdfund type venture. They put more $ what was funded, but really neat to see how far they've come. Really interesting device, kind of morbid, perhaps with some sense of humor, but darn if it might just work very well.

The Zombait is a battery powered device that wiggles. Now, there may be many applications for just such a device, but in this instance its inserted down the fish's throat. When turned on the darn thing makes a dead bait come alive. It's freakish, but darn lifelike and to another fish, it might just entice a bite. Well, either that or they'd scatter as if, well, as if the dead were...you know the drill. I took a vid on the phone, doubt this software allows its inclusion but I'll try...

Well, I tried, can't load the video. It's really kind of spooky seeing an obviously dead bait swimming away in a fish tank. That was their demo for the show. Creepy but kind of cool.

GS<
MS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chark,

zonbait

Captain
posted Hide Post
Women "aren't necessarily stupid." If wifey reads this, you get three months sleeping in the garage.
Feel free to edit this post once you've edited yours, LOL.

I hope Siegler does really well; nice to see anyone compete with the Pacific Rim in a machined product. That fly reel is wild, I've never seen a spool like that. As far as Penn goes, I look forward to reading more of your grumblies.

Posts: 121 | Registered: 30 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
I think I'm in pretty good shape. My wife is out of the country! She's been gone now for about a month. Wifeski is from Crimea. Oldest son went back for a month earlier in June. 21st Birthday today, and I guess that was his present. Wife and youngest son have been having a ball with family, sights, Black Sea.

But in truth Brian, I was not saying women are anything other than wonderful and intelligent. What I was trying to express was a slap at Penn's assumption that gals are more color sensitive than quality sensitive - an underlying assumption which assumes a certain dim-wittedness (and they went pink rather than purple which is a great cross over color...). I have spent my entire life in humble recognition of my own limitations by comparison to the women i have known. I have, no doubt, spent many years chasing gals far brighter than myself... Heck, my mom was brilliant, straight A's thru all education with exception of one stat class while earning her doctorate as a clinical psyc... My two sisters both have doctorates, one in clinical psyc the other in education. Skirts and brains ain't in-congruent...

I'll post my piece or do a video of my perception of what's not going quite right in the fishing tackle world, really encompasses shooting sports, too... Really any specialty retail area where service and client interaction have been part of culture, there's a fundamental change coming which may alter the experience... and I'll argue it's a negative change being supported by a few entities in this business, Penn's on the list.

GS<
MS

Captain
posted Hide Post
I know. I was kidding you a bit. And most women are smarter then most of us.

Posts: 121 | Registered: 30 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
I've been known to suffer from foot-in-mouth disease.

Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget that Avet offers its entire line in pink......

Posts: 771 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post