CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  New Gear    Avet EX50/3
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avet EX50/3
 Login/Join

Crew
posted
Any updates from anglers who have used their Avet EX50/3 (3 speed). I am thinking of getting the wide for kite reel.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 28 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Hi Earl, hopefully we hear back from one of the guys who picked up one of these prior to their long range trips this season. They've been a short supply piece with high demand, that low first gear being quite an attraction. On the kite the combination of a high gear and very low low seems darn close to brilliant.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1365 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Avet bearing problems are much talked about. Did Avet take the opportunity of a new product to tuck a thrust bearing, or even two, into either of the 3-speed reels?

Posts: 118 | Registered: 30 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Avet reels do have problems with the bearings, but, from my experience, only the small Avets (HX and below) and only when they are fished beyond specs or contaminated with saltwater. The EX and Raptor reels, from my experience have no more bearing problems than any other reels.

Posts: 266 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Good to know. There isn't much room on the small Avets to re-machine a sideplate to take a thrust bearing, but the larger ones might accommodate it.
And Internet chatter about all things Avet is dominate by the smaller reels.

Thank you.

Posts: 118 | Registered: 30 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post