CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  New Gear    Tiburon Reels SST 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tiburon Reels SST 50
 Login/Join

Deckhand
posted
Chark,

Do you have any information on the new sst50?

No Cal Lou

Posts: 14 | Registered: 27 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
The Tib boys have been playing with their prototype for a couple years now. Feel they have her done. First production will be made here, on a pre-order basis. That is scheduled to begin by June, with completion by late summer. Probably at that time it will be turned over to Okuma and we can probably expect them to make this madel six or eight months after that. First run will run about $1100, when she goes offshore it will probably shave some $. The first run, since it's a pre-order routine, offers some flexibility in terms of color and gearing. I'll be updating our Tiburon page to reflect what's going on tomorrow or by early next week, and allow folks to pre-order their reel. No doubt it will be a limited run of about 40-50 pieces on the first USA production.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chark,

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1076 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Out of My Leauge !!, But I like the reality of knowing there are such cool things being made.We will eventually see more like those, something for our fishing reel Manufacturers to consider, Like those 3-D televisions, as Mfg. technology improves, the cost will drop.

sweet charity

Posts: 446 | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post