CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  New Gear    ICAST NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ICAST NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS
 Login/Join

Captain
posted Hide Post
Ah ha. The Baja Special is being replaced, then.
Pity, I've heard nothing but good about it.

The inventory includes a Torque 300 loaded with solid braid and a Int'l II with hollow 60 that Cal did up, and I can't think of anything I;d do with a Baja Special that I wouldn't do just as well with these reels. Else I'd run out and buy the old one.

Posts: 124 | Registered: 30 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
The new Andros looks quite different from the current edition.

Pro Staff
Captain
posted Hide Post
Let me clarify:
The U.S. Senator 113N is exactly the same as the 113HN Baja Special, except for the color of the frame/spool, and the words "Baja Special" no longer appear.
All internal and external parts are interchangeable between the US113N and the 113HN.

Posts: 248 | Registered: 25 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
The 113W version of the new American made Senator series looks to be a reel our Ulua guys from Hawaii will really appreciate. These folks really liked the old Newell 500 series reels, like the 546 and 550. The 113W covers that size, allowing plenty of line (and long topshot when run with braid - though many guys ran straight mono for the abrasion issues where they fish for those fish). The new reel allows the line capacity needed, but upgrades the weaknesses of the Newells. So, this reel will become popular as an ulua reel. Steve pointed this one out to me, and he's absolutely correct in his assessment.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1538 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Steve is a good guy. However, "Steve Carson" is a pseudonym. His real name is Tunanorth.

I gather the Release Reels Surf was a no show. My bump of curiosity will have to wait longer to be scratched.

Pro Staff
Captain
posted Hide Post
Its indeed a "modern problem" when you meet people who only know your screen name.
Heading out for a 5 day on the Vagabond on Wednesday to put the new FTHLD2's to the test.

Captain
posted Hide Post
What was the Penn freshwater reel that won an award?

Pro Staff
Captain
posted Hide Post
Not a PENN; the winner of the "Best Freshwater Reel" at ICAST was from Abu, which is PENN's sister company.

Captain
posted Hide Post
My error; thank you.