CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  New Gear    ICAST 2018
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ICAST 2018
 Login/Join

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
With few exceptions I'd say this was a down year for new reel introductions. You know that's the case when the winning reel for saltwater was a piece by some nameless bikemaker, a tekota levelwind of all things! (You know it's either a really weak year or someone is getting a pass). A mid-level, middle of the road levelwind taking best saltwater reel? Really? Given some of the other more interesting pieces which were introduced, give me a break... Politics. It's getting better than it used to be in that regard, but this one is classic. The best of show winner was Garmin, they're making quite a push in boating electronics and showing some nice stuff - no question about that, a good range of products now offered and some higher end too.

For most of us, the new Makaira will be something which will motivate many to part with some greenbacks, myself included. Some of the new lures were indeed enticing, but there was less innovation in reels than in the past couple years from the major players. That left the door wide open for folks like Seigler, Accurate and Avet to move forward in 2019.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chark,

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1514 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
One last item of particular note. I found one vender at the show with something quite interesting. Perhaps only interesting from a freshwater standpoint. We're talking designer worms! Back 40 years ago while living back in Texas I came up with a goal for my life... To become a gentleman farmer and raise designer minnows and jumping worms. Yes, a simple life's goal, somewhat un-achieved.

Well, someone else must have had a similar life goal. Found a vender with unique worms!!! Not onlyh are they designer colored in chartruese, red, natural... But, they can live for OVER 3 weeks in their own little styrofoam cup unrefridgerated - room temp! Amazing, one of the greatest inventions over the past century, no doubt!

Great Stuff!
Mark

worms

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Starting to see a few of our show orders begin to arrive. We'll have some new product posts coming soon...

GS<
MS