CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  New Gear    Wahoodad's rail rods
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wahoodad's rail rods
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
They look interesting. When Chark gets back he'll no doubt post a more detailed description (Seeker's site doesn't mention these rods yet either.) The photo shows a reel seat; does anyone know if it's aluminum or graphite? And what guides is Seeker using?

Posts: 118 | Registered: 30 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Leaving in a few hours...just checked in. The rods use an ALPS reel seat, dual lock down if my memory serves me right (this time in the morning). No gimble, a tad longer than regular 2x4...at 7'3".

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1365 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the trip. Don't let Skype keep you from fishing, just reassure the bride that you still love her.

Neither I nor anyone else here is going to ask a genuinely urgent question.

Posts: 118 | Registered: 30 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Roger that. Nice trip so far. Nothing really big, but a very nice range of fish, just what you woul hope for on an 8 day trip. Wahoo, yellowfin, dorado, yellowtail and I landed a mako this morning. Very fun stuff.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1365 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post