CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  New Gear    Is the Lexa 400 coming to CB?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Lexa 400 coming to CB?
 Login/Join

Deckhand
posted
Will CB be stocking the Lexa 400?

Posts: 13 | Registered: 31 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Yep. As well, take a look at what Okuma did with their 350 size Komodo and Citrix.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1294 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark. Do you have an ETA for the 400?

Not overly keen on Okuma, although I know you like them. They have a patchy reputation in the UK at best.

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Okuma quite frankly sucked until just a few years ago, however the listened... And at present they have produced some of the nicest reels on the market. There are probably still a few models which can cheritibly be described as clunkers, but they also have some best in class products now. Need convincing? Fish an Andros or Makaira.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Deckhand
posted Hide Post
I have a Trio 30S fixed spool and it's stem sometimes flexes a bit too much for my liking - and that's only under freshwater fish loading.

That aside, I really need a baitcaster with the biggest capacity I can get in a lefty. What I really need is a lefty Tranx. Knowing that won't happen, the Lexa 400 is next on the bill. Do you know when you're expecting these in Mark?

Thanks. Smiler

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking this month for the roll out.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Deckhand
posted Hide Post
Great - look forward to being able to order it!

Deckhand
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark,

Sorry one more question. Do you happen to know if the high speed Lexas (which I'm after) that have the power handle can interchange their handles with the twin paddle version and vice versa? If they do, will the alternate handles be available for sale?

Thanks for your continuing patience with all the stupid questions!

Captain
posted Hide Post
My Lexa 400 had the twin paddles but I was able to order the power handle from Daiwa. It was many months after the intro of the 400 before the power handle was available.

Posts: 164 | Registered: 26 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post