CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  New Gear    Seeker Pin Head rods?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seeker Pin Head rods?
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
Any reviews of the new SD8-8 Pinhead rod? Would this be a 30 or 40lb stick? How is it for a 8ft iron throwing rod? Will it throw 7X's and 45's. Thinking of putting my 332 on it.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 17 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Hi mytyt. While the D8 is listed with a 25# - 50# rating, in my opinion, it's a 30# rod.

I've been pulling on this rod for a few months here at the shop and I think 40# is probably a bit much for it. The rod is very soft, and it seems to bottom out at the higher line tests. I do like the D8 though and I think it will be my next 30# jig stick, haha.

If you're looking for a true 40# jig stick (8 feet), you might want to take a look at a Calstar 6480 (either West Coast or GG series).

I think the D8 will do fine throwing 45s and 7x lights. with a rod like this, you don't necessarily need to really throw the jig hard. Just get a good pendulum/catapult action going and let the rod work for you.

I think a 332 would be a perfect fit on that rod and should do just fine for bass, barries, and yellows that we get here in SoCal.

Hope this helps!

Posts: 108 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
The new Pinhead rods are very interesting and quite excellent fishing high value packed rods. These are beneficial in number of ways.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Harris625,

Posts: 6 | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post