CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  New Gear    New Avet Jx and Hx help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Avet Jx and Hx help
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
Just purchased new Avet Jx and Hx, 2 speed, both with MC, lever drag. Going to use them on 8 day trip south of San Diego. Alijos Rocks, The Ridge etc. So Tuna, Wahoo, Yellowtail.

Wanted a 40# and 60# set up, but I'm open to opinions. Would like the JX to be my go to set up during the trip and the Hx to be a little bit heavier. I'm new to long range, so forgive me for not having a ton of background here.

I'll have additional rods on board for everything, but wanted to set these two up for my go to rods during the trip

My idea
JX - 60# braid, 40# topshot. It's the regular JX so I'm also unsure as to how much line of each type. Pairing it with a Seeker 6470-7'

HX - 80# braid, 60# topshot, also the regular HX. Pairing it with a Seeker SHS-70XH 7ft.

Let me know thoughts
Joel

Joel

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 July 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
That sounds good. You should be able to get 300 yards of 60# and 50 yards or so of your 40# top shot. Pack your braid very tightly and some tape on the pool, and make sure your mono/spectra connection is good.

Posts: 264 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ak-fish:
That sounds good. You should be able to get 300 yards of 60# and 50 yards or so of your 40# top shot. Pack your braid very tightly and some tape on the pool, and make sure your mono/spectra connection is good.

I'll be taking note of this as well, for future reference.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 12 September 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post