everywhere starting in June, but we had a
late start this year. But That is all in the past
now, Captain Kawi reported that he has been
seeing big yellow fin tuna for the past 3
weeks but they just would not eat. but this
last week that has all changed. The chelita
and the dream catcher hooked 8 yellow fin
tuna all over 180lbs and one monster that
weighed 338 lbs this girl was a true fat cow.
They have been biting live bait with flouro
carbon leaders and the baby´s have been
loving the black and purple lures, we have
been waiting for these yellow fin cows all
year and if Puerto Vallarta history repeats
itself its just going to get better until the end
of December. the Bank and corbetenia have
also been red hot with blue and stripe
marlins, mahi mahi, and beautiful sail fish. if
you come fishing in Puerto Vallarta before the
year is over I guarantee a game fish! So
come check out our shop on your vacation to
Puerto Vallarta. Fishin PV sportfishing
specializes in catching Big Fish so come fish
with the pro´s we guarantee success.

SDTuna -

Posts: 261 | Registered: 01 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Keta
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to get a co pilot or two interested in dragging a boat to PV in '08. Do you have any information?

Life's Tough, Then You Die

Posts: 576 | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of SDTuna
posted Hide Post
Check out Huanacaxtle for condos or the harbor at Punta Mita as this is the closest point to the fishing banks offshore.

I rented a condo for about 100 per night with a cook for evening meals.

Punta De Mita Sportfishing Charters
2007-03-20 15:19:36
Captain Sal Campanile
Punta de Mita, Mainland Mexico - Saltwater Fishing Report
Punta De Mita (Nayarit) Mexico

"From Sayulita to the Corbatena is about 1 hour and ten minutes in a panga if it is calm, Guillermo Cadena or one of his sons "Pato" or Fernando can take you, they have a fairly large panga the "Tigre" which is the only panga in Sayulita with duel motors, you can inquire at the Tigre Surf School or Tigre restaurant upstairs on the Plaza next to Choco Banana. They are also in the final stages of purchasing a 33' cruiser with 2 inboard Volvos which will be moored in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle and they will pick up clients in Sayulita in the near future and it will be much faster. I wouldn't recommend going in a smaller single motor panga and most of the other panga guys don't seem interested in going to the Corbetena. "El Banco" is another destination but is closer to an hour and a half, both of these spots also offer bottom fishing as well. Remember there is always the possiblility of hooking a yellowfin over 200 lbs, I would recommend having a least one 50 or larger reel wound with spectra and 130 plus top shot, I use 150 and bring good quality 8/0-10/0 hooks as the most common technique is slow trolling live barilete or skipjack, I don't recommend bringing lighter tackle as there is nothing worse than seeing 200 lb tuna jumping a quarter mile away while anthor fisherman is stuck to a large tuna for 2 or 3 hours on lighter tackle. I would also recommend bringing a maximum of 2 other fisherman, if you get into a good bite it is pure pandemonium even with 2 or three hooked up a once. Good luck. "

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SDTuna,

SDTuna -

Deckhand
Captain
Picture of SDTuna
posted Hide Post
Cow tuna off Punta Mita...16 miles from Corbetena rocks

BEST MONTHS ARE JULY - OCTOBER . BEST BET IS TO BOOK AT LEAST THREE DAYS .

CAPT SAL STANDING BY
WWW.TUNATIMESPORTFISHING.COM

More reports...

El Banco for the last couple of weeks has been a little disappointing with herds of Cows or Yellowfin Tuna over 200 lbs, not taking any baits, nothing, nada, zipo! Ah, but that was last week, this week we’re seeing signs of life. The Tuna or Red Crabs are still out there, but they’re floating off with the currents and we’re starting to see some smaller (75 to 140 lb) Yellowfins coming in. So it looks like this week we’ll be back into “Cow Country” soon. Tuna Crabs are nothing new to my readers, they show up for about two weeks every year and play havoc with Yellowfins.

The nice thing about PV is if one species isn’t hitting, another one is. Where the Tuna have left off, the Black Marlin and Sailfish have taken over. El Banco, and Corbetena are living up to their reputations with almost every angler heading out for ten hours or more are coming in with dead arms, big grins and fish stories for a life time. Marlin in the 250 to 600 lb range is being caught daily (Catch and Release). Sailfish are running in six packs (they swim side by side in groups like they’re ready to pull a chariot) and are very aggressive. Mahi Mahi, Striped Marlin and more are calling your name! Can you hear it?

Corbetena is cooking as well. Marlin Sails, Mahi Mahi, the list goes on and thank the heavens we can call these sorts of conditions boringly “normal”. One nice thing is for about a thousand dollars, you can hit this spot and bring along four friends. It makes a great day and let’s face it, how many times in your life will you have the opportunity to do something like this. It’s a memory factory out there, are you going to go home and think about what you missed for the last year?

Marietta Islands and El Morro don’t have Black Marlin, but Striped Marlin and Blue Marlin have been spotted and boated here, but not in large numbers. For those with a desire to catch Sailfish, they’ve been running in the 70 to 125 inch range here as well.

Punta Mita area is fish city! Anything can and is happening here, even the occasional Marlin. If you’re targeting Mahi Mahi, this is the place to be! Large, close in, plentiful and hungry! Plus those interested in bottom fishing or fly fishing, can still hit the Snook at the river mouths, Snapper where there’s structure and Skipjack tuna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SDTuna,

SDTuna -

Captain
Picture of Keta
posted Hide Post
We did the Venice, LA trip for $35.00 per day, including fuel to drag us and the boat down. I'm thinking living on the beach or renting a crap shack for a month.

Life's Tough, Then You Die

Posts: 576 | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post