CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Fishing Reports  Hop To Forums  Baja/Mexico Reports    Charkbait Maximus report from January 2016
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charkbait Maximus report from January 2016
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
Sorry for the delay on the report but here it is.

We had a really good group of passengers on this trip that fished really hard for every bite as the bites were not easy to get.The bite time was from 3am to just after sun up. Most fish were caught on the salas pl 68 jig single hook white glow. If you have never fished this jig on the heavy gear prepare yourself for a work out. We caught a few fish on the caballito during the day and a couple bites on squid plunker rig. You really had to fish hard and put your time in on the rail which we did and were rewarded a decent catch for our efforts. We had Yellowfin from 30# to 140#, no cows but that is fishing. We also fished inshore one day and had excellent pargo and popano fishing which is a lot of fun on the 80# gear. There was a lot of fish around but they did not want bite this time. We had a great group of people, good weather, and great food. Keith has a new chef on board that is a game changer. If you have never been down to fish with Keith and have any questions on these trips please give me a call at the Huntington Beach shop, my name is Brandon.

Here is my big fish for the trip, it was 110#.

This fish was 80#, both fish caught on the PL 68.

Brandon Giovannetti

Posts: 3 | Registered: 26 February 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post