Find
Notify
Tools

Nile Perch in Egypt
 Login/Join

Deckhand
Captain
posted
I just returned from a week of fishing on Lake Nassar, the dammed up portion of the Nile River, where I was fishing for Nile perch. The trip was amazing and I caught more than my share of fish, the largest of wich weighed 75 pounds. That's not large for a Nile perch -- the all tackle record is 230 pounds and 400 pounders have been netted -- but it was still a great fish. I went with African Angler, a first rate operation. I caught most of my fish casting swim baits off the shore but also caught several trolling large Rapalas. If you want a truly unique angling experience, I recommend this trip highly.

Posts: 258 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Thanks greatly for the report. Interesting fish, interesting waters, and I'm sure a wonderful adventure. You hit one destination I'd never have considered! One more thing to put on the list of stuff I'd like to do this lifetime.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1292 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Dood that perch looks crazy. I'm just in awe at the shear size of that thing. I can't believe its considered small. WOW. Thats now added to my list along with Florida, Alaska and Sea of Cortez fishing.

89 Reinell CSF Cuddy 21.5Ft

Posts: 140 | Registered: 14 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
posted Hide Post
Awesome fish mate, looks a lot like the Barramundi we get here in Oz, except they dont grow anywhere near that big!!! sounds like a good trip!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Yes, it does look like a baramundi. My understanding is that the two closest relatives to the Nile perch are barramundi and snook. Just a little bigger...

Posts: 258 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post