CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Diawa SLX 20SHA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diawa SLX 20SHA
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
I have this reel. I bought it new in March 06. At times, when cranking the handle, it feels as though I am slightly grinding the gears. The spool spins fine in freespool. Any advise?

Andy

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of JanZ
posted Hide Post
Switch to Newells then you expect the noise. Lol

Seriously, either pull it apart and look for a problem if you have the experience or take it back in to where you bought it and ask them to look at it under warentee

Making Humboldt bay safe for bait one halibut at a time

Posts: 215 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
either that or back to Diawa. I have 2, and they're both smooth as can be.
Even after abusing a HV fishing albies, the gears are smooth and no grinding or noise felt.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Crew
Picture of samiclaus
posted Hide Post
I have a few of the daiwas. I have experienced the same thing sometimes. I think it is salt buildup in the wrong places causing rubbing. I have hosed them off with some fresh water and the noise goes away. If the noise is still there,you probably have a gear or bearing issue. Or it will just explode, like my shv 40 did Eeker Good reels, I will probably buy another 40 and keep it as a back up.....

Posts: 7 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post