CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Okuma 8 ft pch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Okuma 8 ft pch
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
Would this be a good model for swimbaits?

Posts: 90 | Registered: 10 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Might work out okay, but not my first pick. Far better for that application would be United Composites Swimbait Finatic series 711's. Several models within that series, that blank is the sweetest swimbait rod I've ever owned and they are close enough in price to make going that direction rational. PCH's run about 200, the UC runs about 250 and they're built right for the application.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1350 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I appreciate your swift response. I also installed fidget handles to all my reels and my bearing count has never been more impressive.

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Nice! Saw a YouTube vid of the same idea. No doubt will be included on some Avet knock-offs in the future... My youngest boy has been having a ball with those things, now have one in my desk as well...but don't tell anyone.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1350 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Ran across an Okuma sbx at a good price. I will see how it handles the local tarpon and grade it.