CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Hey, Chark...Avet parts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, Chark...Avet parts?
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
I need a new (carbon fiber) brake pad for an Avet MXL.
Do you stock Avet parts, or do I need to contact Avet directly?

Posts: 52 | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Keta
posted Hide Post
I'd recomend contacting Avet, they are good to deal with.

What happened to your drag? I don't see any signs of wear on any of mine, including the SDS with 5 cows and many YFT over 150 caught with it.

Life's Tough, Then You Die

Posts: 576 | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keta:

What happened to your drag? I don't see any signs of wear on any of mine, including the SDS with 5 cows and many YFT over 150 caught with it.

Contamination.
Something got in through the spool and soaked into the pad.
I was able to clean the spool OK, but the stuff hardened like glue on the brake pad.

Posts: 52 | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
We initially did stock drags for Avets, and still have some inventory. But, in four years we'd never seen one requiring a new drag so we really have not stayed on top of that inventory or added models to the initial batch of JX/LX drags. As Keta said, the folks at Avet are great to deal with on this kind of stuff. So, don't hesitate from taking them up on their support. At minimum that will save some shipping charges and time.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1539 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
Iffen it were me I'd send back to them because I'll bet they will replace it for you?

I had a base screw the strip out and took it back to them, they replace with a brand new frame...talk about backing up your product.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post