CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    60 lb reel questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

60 lb reel questions
 Login/Join

Crew
posted
I need information on 60 lb class reels. I am considering a Finn-nor marquesa 20 two speed as well as a accurate fury 600 two speed. Use will be both jigging and bait. Open to recommendations. Any feedback on the marquesa? Thanks

Posts: 9 | Registered: 26 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
posted Hide Post
If on A budget don't overlook the the Penn Fathom 40. Lighter weight & fully capable of the line class your wanting.
I have not used a Marquesa but they are spoken well of.
My personal opinion is you are at the upper end of the Fury's specs fishing it at 20 lbs. of drag.

However that could be said of all 3. Fish these smaller reels at 13 - 15 lbs. of drag only going to 20 lbs. when needed & you should get good service from any of them. I do this with my Andros 12....Works out great!!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
I can't say good things about the Fury or the Marquesa. The Fathom 40 is OK but, personally, I'd prefer the Avet HX5/2.

Posts: 268 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
I'm with AK. It's not all about the stated numbers, they miss some other considerations that are frankly worth more in use of the reel. No positives on the Marquessa and the Penn while a nice piece shares Chinese manufacture like the Marquessa. That's not inherently bad, but it ain't up to USA produced standards in my opinion and will suffer similar long term ownership issues.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1367 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post