CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Diawa reel parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diawa reel parts
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted
I lost the little screw that holds the handle nut cover in place on my Diawa 6/1 high speed . Does anyone know someone that I can order the part by phone or better yet does Chark carry Diawa parts ? Don't have the part # here I have it at home . Went to the local warranty dealer here in NJ and had no luck . Just a stupid little screw and my favorite quickcrank reel is down !!! Help Help Help !!!

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Fishslayer
posted Hide Post
I would take the handle down to the hardware store & find a SS screw to fit.

In emergency a dab of blue LocTite will hold the nut. Just make sure ya clean the grease off the threads first.

Fishslayer

Posts: 63 | Registered: 19 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
I got the Diawa back up and running . I had to relube the gears as the factory grease stiffened up . Now she's good as new ! Thanks for the help . I will use her Sunday with fresh 30lb on one of my 8' rods and a 7oz Croc . Stripers beware ! The Jigmaster did hook two Bluefish last Sunday one quick release and one around 12lbs .Russells fish was a little bigger .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Diawa grease, yes is does stiffen up, which will also cause the greased drags to get sticky.
I took one into the factory for repair, and the tech just regreased the drag, and told me not to store it with the drag backed all the way off. allowing air to get to the grease.
I now back off the drag, then re-tighten a turn or two, and no more problems.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post