Find
Notify
Tools

BV2- 1000
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
Hi Mark,

Only see the 800 available on your website but not the BV2- 1000.

- When will it be in stock?
- if you already seen/spool one of these before, you think it will fit 400Yard of ToroTamer 16Strand 100 lbs + 100yards(Leader) of BigGame 100 lbs ?

Thoughts?

Posts: 40 | Registered: 13 April 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Many apologies for not updating with the 1000, that's been corrected. The manufacturer claims 1000 yds. We get 650 yds of 100# on the BV-800. (straight braid no topper). 100 yds of mono should be equal to about 300 yds of braid in terms of capacity. So, yes it will hold that level and probably more like 600 yds braid with 100 yds mono on top. A couple things to consider, Big Game is fairly skinny, but it breaks early compared to say Izor (which is pretty dominant on the LR boats) or Momoi. You're fishing heavy lines and drags, no doubt you are targeting larger fish at those tests. The line, the AR system, robustness of design all are factors you should consider. The BV is VERY light in mass, that's it's greatest strength.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1489 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chark:
The line, the AR system, robustness of design all are factors you should consider. The BV is VERY light in mass, that's it's greatest strength.

Interesting you mentioned AR system (assuming you are talking about Anti-Reverse), I have read few posts on other forum talking about the AR not “up to par”. Will this reel handle 100-lbs BlueFin fish after fish for a few days and not breaking apart?

Got the AvetPro30 off you really did that for the capacity but really don’t enjoy the weight at all.

Party boat on my end need 100 yards of Mono for Chunking/Bait.

Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Accurate swears that the instant anti-reverse system in the BV reels is robust and will hold up to ton of drag. I hope that is the case. But I know the in my reel repair shop, quite a few instant anti-reverse reels (including Accurates) come in with handles that turn backward because the AR bearing failed. Such failure is all bt guaranteed if you do not keep the AR bearing impeccable clean. The new Accurate AR bearings are supposed to be much better. Only time will tell. But whatever you do, do not let saltwater get on your AR bearing. Ever.

Posts: 288 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Ok you have to guide the rookie here. How do you keep it clean? All I do is rinse the reel with water when the fishing is done. I have done that with my Stella and JiggingMaster reels. I fished twice a year Saltwater only so I send reels in service every 4 years (8 outings). BUT those weren’t the Long Range some of you go for, all 10’hours trip.

Planing to get on the 48 hours Tuna in New Jersey and if this reel hold up, my AvetPro30 is up for sale.

Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
Rinsing your reel in fresh water after **every** trip will help a lot. But salt can get inside the reel regardless of what you do. This means popping it open. If you are not ready to do that yourself, then send it to Accurate every year. Accurate reels are great, but they do require more maintenance than many reels.

2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
That’s good to heard, although I am not in USA but sending it in to Accurate yearly wouldn’t be a problem. I guess I will sell my AvetPro30 brand new with line on it Razzer

Mark, so CharkBait take trade-in?

Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
My suggestion: Keep the EX30 at least until you are certain you like how the Accurate fishes, and a back up reel isn't a bad idea either.

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
A lot of folks like Accurate reels, and their drag system is quite nice. Their ATD's are their best effort, followed by the Dauntless series. Both are not lightweights, and strength does tend to follow mass. Their Valiant and Tern reels do not seem to turn the drag numbers they are stating.

The one thing I'll say regarding Avet's 30's and other pieces, they are reliable workhorses. Every manufacturer can have a problem with assembly or other issue, but based upon what we see fail, Avet's and Okuma Makaira series perform well and offer very good long term reliability. You might also look at the Avet HX Raptor given weight is a prime consideration. They hold line like a 30 (HXW like a 30W) but come in much lighter, very good for up to 100# and drag load of say ~30 lbs.

I can well be proven wrong, but I have a built in skepticism of light weight reels for heavyweight fish. The stress these big fish put on gear is really impressive, lightening the build carries some risk of frame flex, spool spread, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chark,

Great Stuff!
Mark

2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Ok Ak-fish & Mark,
I guess you both recommended me to keep the Avet till I can prove the BV1000 can take my type of fishing (time will tell). Thank you

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
I think it's a good call, and as AK said it's also good to have a back up for what you are doing. The larger Vals have already taken some fish beyond what my own biased thinking tells me they should be doing. Thinking of that 400+ yellowfin reported to have been caught on a 600 or 800 series, some very good bluefin off our coast here pushing 200-300. But, one big fish, one trip or a season doesn't tell the full measure. The more demanding the fishing..., some gear shines and for some it's one and done. It's good to ask, check with other folks that own the gear, be skeptical, have a back up, and get what you really want. The Val might just nail it for you.

Great Stuff!
Mark

2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Ok Mark, thank you.
Please get back to me whenever you get a chance to Spool the BV1000. I know they did post capacity but god knows what line they were using.

I have decided to go with as much 130lbs Toro Tamer 16Strand it will fit with 100yards of 100lbs “Big Game Mono”. I am in no hurry, Trip will not happen till October 2019. Keep me posted please Smiler Cool

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
We're getting 650 yds Toro 16 strand 100# on BV800's, 1000's holding about 200 yds more of 100#. So, w/130, expectations are 600 yds, with a maybe for up to 100 more. If long range fishing, consider Izor over Berkeley, strength and abrasion resistance are prime reasons). With 100 yds of 100# mono on top you'll be eating up 300 yds of braid capacity. So, likely 500 yds 130# braid with the topshot you suggest.

Great Stuff!
Mark

2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Ok Sir, I will finalize and get back to Leeana. Thank you