CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Makaira 30 capacity
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Makaira 30 capacity
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
It looks like I am going with the Makaira 30SEA reels. I have found some info on line capacity with 100 to 130 lb braid but I am looking to run a minimum of 200 yards mono on top. I think 60/80lb mono over 100/130lb Segaur threadlock or JB would work great as a trolling setup. Will I get 500 to 600 yards of braid and still have room for 200yds of mono on top?
What comination do you think will work out?

Posts: 4 | Registered: 09 April 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of seaguar's braid, JB has a better product as does ToroTamer. Easy to demonstrate and prove. Having said that, hollowcore or solid on the braid? Recommend hollow for several reasons. Given application, 200 yds of mono on top makes good sense, as does having the braid one step heavier in test than the leader. So, 100# braid with up to 80# on top - fine. We can spool up your reel to achieve what you intend. Exact line spooled to be determined during winding with your priority of 200 yds topshot. Probably 500 yds behind in braid, will know exact upon spooling.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1444 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response

Posts: 4 | Registered: 09 April 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post