CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Avet LX MC or JX MC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avet LX MC or JX MC
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
I just bought an Avet SX MC for use on large fresh water Blue Cats. I have not had a chance to use it yet to see how it fares against the big boys. I didn't realize the reel was this small. I catch anywhere from 20 to 100lb cats, hope the SX does o.k. I do however intend to buy several more Avets in the near future. Would the LX or JX be better for my application. I fish from both land and boat so casting distance is a must have. I do not have a location near me where i can hold either in person to compare sizes and such. I am used to using Abu 6500's and 7000's.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
You pick up more line capacity and drag with the LX/JX series reels, so that series may indeed be your next logical step. There's a little video on our YouTube channel: CharkBait USA. That may help you get a feel for the relative size and differences between models.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1572 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted Hide Post
What test line are you using for the big cats? I just bought a JX Raptor that holds enough line to fish 40lb test mono for tuna and yellowtail with 50lb spectra backing. There is enough mono line on my topshot to cover as far as I can cast plus some and spectra backing to increase the capacity. The drag pressure on a JX Raptor is 15lbs at strike.

Charkbait's YouTube videos are good because they go through each size of the Avet reels and separates them by line capacity, and drag pressure. They helped me make my decision and I could not hold one to compair either.

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post