CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Looking for Seeker Rod
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Seeker Rod
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
Hi, I'm new here, hopefully this is the proper place to post this.

I'm looking for a Seeker East Coast American Series, Model # BA706-6's, 10(12) 20 lb line weight.

These are discontinued but I would love to be able to get one new or used. If anyone has one or knows someone that does, It would be much appreciated

Thanks

Posts: 2 | Registered: 02 October 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Haven't stocked seeker for a few years now since change in ownership and they ceased making their own rods. So, no gots.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
I infer that Seeker rods are now made somewhere in the Pacific Rim?

Posts: 118 | Registered: 30 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a seeker rod that they no longer make it's the east coast American series model ba706-6's 10-12-20 they still make the series they just don't make that model it's now replaced by a heavier one now and longer the guides are different due to the fact that's it a heavier model now the one I have is brand new I worked in a tackle store that sold seeker rods I bought this one when they had it in stick probably 6-10 years ago it has sentimental value I haven't worked there in about 6 years and I recently stopped in there to say hello and where my desk was in the corner still standing up was the rod even after hurricane sandy washed through the place water was about 4'high in the place and still standing there didn't even move was the rod just had a little bit of scum on the foam handle that's it still had the tag on it ,, right then and there I asked my old bosses what's up with it cause I never did pay for it and they said just take it wow I said so immediately I went to look for another one cause I buy everything in pairs and that's when I found out that they no longer make that model I was saddened so I went and called everyone the dealers , the company where they were made and I thought I was in business when the guy said that a short time ago he sent the last of that model which he said was a good size handful of them and sold them to a dealer so I called them thinking I'm in and bad news he said a customer came in and and bought them all up that sucked so I'm out of options so I figure I'll post it on different forums and maybe I'll get lucky and find one for sale even if it's used ????? So if anyone knows where I can get one please step foward and contact me my email is frankskovran@gmail.com please ????? My next attempt is to see if I can still buy the blank and I'll have a rod builder see if he can build me one to match the one I have ,,,,,,, so again if anyone knows of someone or someplace that I can purchase one like I said even if it's used I don't care I'll get it redone thanks again ftwinc1

Posts: 2 | Registered: 02 October 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
The American series was Seeker's entry level rods for several years. Some big box type sporting goods retailers sold them, very few specialty shops - they opted for other series like the Classic series line. You've got to find OLD blanks, more than 4-5 years old. Should be honey in color, and the Classic series wrapped in same color thread would match up and be better, likely very hard to source. Not many fiberglass blanks around these days. Used to be cheap and plentiful.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post