CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    UC Composite Blanks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UC Composite Blanks
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
This is probably a dumb question but it's something I would like to know. I am interested in getting a Tuna Blank to build from United Composites. I like the Centaur or Viper blanks for Tuna. My question is, can they be used as rail rods? Meaning leaned up against the rail for extra leverage without breaking? Do rail rods have special construction? Thanks. Appreciate any comments concerning this.

Posts: 33 | Registered: 07 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Those blanks are commonly used as rail rods - they are the definitive rail rod. That's based upon their actions (tip action, midsection, bend...), but the way the rods are ultimately built makes for their appropriate use on the rail. What I mean by that is that there should be some protection for the rod in that area they'll be used as a lever. We cover that on our custom rods, and UC does the same for their factory rods.------Rail Rods - it's both the action and the build that make's 'em what they are.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1294 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark! I ordered two 7.6 centaurs! Can't wait to get them.

Posts: 33 | Registered: 07 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post