CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Mexico travel rod and reel ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mexico travel rod and reel ?
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
Going to Mexico this winter for three weeks. Taking my Marlin rod, but would like to take a rod for those times we run into Dorado when trolling for Marlin. Thinking about the Okuma Nomad inshore travel rod in medium heavy and the Okuma Cedros CJ55 spinning reel. Any thoughts on this set up ?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 01 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Sorry for missing this thread. What you are thinking may work for you, but that sounds like a very light setup. May give you some use from shore, but more often than not ones working with lines 30-40# test and the reel and rod might be a bit light for that application.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1354 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
posted Hide Post
Thanks !

Captain
posted Hide Post
Toro tamer 2 piece travels well

Posts: 90 | Registered: 10 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up with a Avet SX and the Okuma Nomad travel rod. It's all in my luggage leave for three weeks on Tuesday !