CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Flro to mono crimp
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flro to mono crimp
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
Read on another board about this and I am having a hard time picturing it. Is there a swivel involved? or are the lines just laid up along side each other and crimped down?

Get Bent

Posts: 77 | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Keta
posted Hide Post
Slip the mono into the hollow spectra, slide on the proper sleeve and crimp. The sleeve does the same as serving.

Life's Tough, Then You Die

Posts: 576 | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Ya know I heard you gotta be dumb to be a goat farmer but cheezzzzzzz.

Lee,

MONO to Flor. in heavy weight --like 100 to 200 pound test.

Cheeeezzz.

And don't even ask me why I'm thinkin' heavy weight. I just wanna know how.

Get Bent

Captain
Picture of Keta
posted Hide Post
I think Crabby is playing with crimps, ask him.

Life's Tough, Then You Die

Posts: 576 | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Chark has a video for flro or floro to mono. The Seaguar knot-I have tied it up to 60lb. test. I think beyond a point-a ring and crimp for the mono and two crimps for the florocarbon
bllod knot works if you tie it right. Two unis work for light tackle

Posts: 773 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
I have never figgered out how to get to the vidios.

Because nobody can figger out what I don't know what I'm talking about. I'll quote it just as it was written.

From the Indy--Captain and crew gave this advice:

"Flouro, if need, should be a short length spliced onto the mono leader using a swaged sleeve."

How you do dat?

Get Bent

Captain
posted Hide Post
For those that might be interested. I got a PM from the guy that wrote up the report offen the Indy.

"I dont have a pic of it, but it's just doing a regular swage like the one pictured on the hook.
Use a double barrel sleeve of the right size (like an AM9) and run the mono through one side, melt the end in a ball.
Run the flouro through the other side from the other direction and melt it's end in a ball. Pull tight so the melted balls are up against the sleeve, and swage:

---------====x
x====---------------

I didn't try it myself, but the crew said it makes a very strong and sano connection.

When you swage the sleeve, apply 3 swages: first in the middle, then to the left and right of the first swage so you get one continuous swage that runs the full length of the sleeve. Make sure you don't go all the way to the edge though so that the edges of the sleeve flare out like you see in the photo of the one with the hook. It's important that the edges of the sleeve flare out so that they don't cut into the line and damage it."

Get Bent

Deckhand
Captain
Picture of SDTuna
posted Hide Post
Where are the vidoee's by Chark located here on the boards? URL if you please.

SDTuna -

Posts: 261 | Registered: 01 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
http://www.charkbait.com/indexJ.htm#Video
Its part of the website under articles-Enjoy!

Posts: 773 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post