CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Reel for RainShadow RCLB 70M 7'
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reel for RainShadow RCLB 70M 7'
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
Greetings,

I am trying to decide on a reel for the Charkbait RainShadow RCLB 70M 7' rod wrapped by Salty Dawg. It will mainly be a boat rod for fishing rockfish on the central coast in ~100ft depth. Every once in a while we fish for white sea bass but i have other heavier gear if that's asking to much of this setup.

I am looking at the Avets and Truth (Siegler).

Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 February 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
This is either too easy or too hard. You need to drop over to our shop and play with some gear, get a feel for what you're getting. Really, you have many very good options, the little SG, Avet's SX and MXJ, Andros 5N...some really good reels to match with that rod.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1278 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinhead
posted Hide Post
Mark,

First, thanks for taking the time to reply. I do believe you steered me in the right direction as far as size. My in-law has a few of the Avet MXLs that i have checked out. I don't really want to go that big if i don't need to. I had been fishing older, big, heavy, Sabres and Penn Senators that were too heavy and quite frankly, overkill.

Lately I have been using a Shimano Trevala TFC69ML paired with a Diawa Lexa 300HS-P that is a super lightweight dream for the blacks and smaller reds (even doubles). I haven't had the pleasure of landing a keeper ling on it yet but I'm sure it would manage.

Andros 5N, now that is a nice looking reel.

I will order the rod now and try to narrow down the reel selection after i have it in hand. Unfortunately being on the central coast is a bit of a drive. I will definitely stop by the shop next time I'm in the neighborhood.

Much respect,

curtis

This message has been edited. Last edited by: undrtw,

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 February 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post