CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Need a new Set ups
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a new Set ups
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
Hello fellas im new to the site I jeed some help i just started getting more into fishing into full day and soon 1.5 so I ask for your help i want to buid a 40,50,and maybe 60lb set ups for the currernt fishing conditions I bought a New set up that Mark suggested during the Fred Hall Sale at the San Diego location That it consisted of a UC GUSA Rod RUS76HP with a Okuma Metaloid12nii let me tell you that rod is super smooth laded about 12 20 lb yellowtail in Baja it did the job i loved the set up but like alot of people say the drag goes from lottle to to much but for the price and what it does I love the reel thinking of Buying another one,So what do you guys suggest for 40,50,60 lb set ups i want a 40 lb set up in 7' I really loved the united composites i think its gonna start replacing my seekers and calstars looking into the Okuma Andros a better upgrade to the Metaloid but then i guess the only thing that changes is the Dual Drag?

Marco Marrujo

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 May 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Sorry for being so slow in response, I think I've handled this note by way of emails about a dozen times in the past day or so... Busy here. Andros series are not dual drag, and there are few of them around now...we bought all that were in Okuma's barn back in November. There will be new models, but can't say much about them at present.

Fishing changes year to year, and for the past few years we've had these big bluefin that have changed our expectations about what's in store for a fellow on an overnighter.

You are building an arsenal, plan on several outfits to cover your basic line classes. Then if you want to get more specific, you would add rod/reel combos to cover specific applications like surface iron, wahoo, deep water jigging... First call is the basic line test range for your arsenal.
1 Cover something you can fish 20-30# line on as a basic,
2 40#, 40-50 - bread and butter, here is where many will double and even triple up
3. 50-60# - larger grade fish
4. 80-130 - could narrow to an 80# outfit or step to the 100-130. For our bluefin or more extended long range trips for cow yellowfin.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1489 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post