CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Help    Pro Gear PG541C-4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pro Gear PG541C-4
 Login/Join

Crew
posted
I just inherited this reel from a late-relative. I have never seen these reels before nor know anyone who has used one. Does anyone have any input about Pro Gear reels?

Thanks!
Joe

Posts: 8 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Good reel! I've got a 545 which is the narrower version. It's a good bait reel with 4:1 gears and 4/0 drags. The 541 will hold about 300 yds of 40#. The 255/251/545/541/454/440 were their original series of reels.

I have a bunch of PG's... 255/251/280/545/540/540L. I note that they're now back with 2 models of the Oceanus listed.

Posts: 166 | Registered: 26 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Don't know if I'd say they're back. From my understanding their owner has a little rented space at a local jig manufacturer. No capital, limited to no machining capability. They will be making some gaffs, doubtful they can get rolling with reels unless there's some funding for 'em to draw from.

GS<
MS

Posts: 1572 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Sure hav a nice new website, though. I plan to call them about rod components-might be some leftovers...

Posts: 773 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, it sounds like a decent utility reel. I am having it overhauled by a friend here in Northern California as no one is sure when it was last serviced.

Joe

Posts: 8 | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post