CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    Rod for mxl for inshore / some boat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rod for mxl for inshore / some boat
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
I've got an mxl 6/4 that I'd like to pair up with something graphite(light) that can handle some decent sized fish(50+ inch seabass..if that's even possible with this type of rod) off of a boat (that I will very seldom go on, probably) but mostly inshore / pier / maybe kayak.

I was thinking about TVS66MH
http://fish.shimano.com/conten...revala-spinning.html
6'6 Medium Heavy Medium Fast 50-100 5.25" 12.0" Fuji Alconite TC4 1 EVA 110-240g Tip+7

but..I'm new to fishing, for the most part.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 September 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a rod you'll own and fish for years to come, and enjoy fishing the rod for years to come. Calstar and United Composites are USA built products, top quality builds, materials and workmanship. If you do your homework I sincerely believe that you'll understand the merits of spending a tad more on the frontside and getting something of superior quality. Owning a rod from these two manufacturers will spoil you, and make the Chinese built price point oriented rods pale by comparison. That's my opinion, and I encourage you to consider the opinion of others in making your selection. If dollars are a critical point, yes, the overseas built rods can be adequate. But, they will not perform as long, nor as well as their USA built counterparts.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1365 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post