CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    Okuma Nomad Travel Rods (offshore series)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Okuma Nomad Travel Rods (offshore series)
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
I was researching Okuma Travel Rods and I found the following article. It's an extensive review of the Okuma Nomad Travel Rods.

https://www.centralamericafish...20rods%20even%20more.

I'm about to purchase 2 of these, the Offshore Spinning and Offshore Casting rods (both in 20 - 60) lb. range.

NT-C-703M-MH
NT-S-703M-MH

Anyone else on here use these rods? I'm looking to pair down the amount of gear I take on Offshore trips and these look like a good option. any recommendations or experiences with these rods would be appreciated.

https://charkbait.com/product/...a-nomad-travel-rods/

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 2 | Registered: 20 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
posted Hide Post
I have the offshore casting rod. For a three piece rod, it's great. I used to take mine everywhere I went. Good components and quality work for a sub-$300 rod.

Posts: 302 | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly good travel rods. We have one of our clients from WA who travels all over the place fishing. Has a place in PV, tangles with tuna well. He's a good stick, used to bring along his long rods on our charters. For the past 8 or so years all he brings are 2-3 travel rods, Okuma Nomads. I've seen him land 150# tuna on that rod (which you mentioned). I've seen him fight a nice marlin off the stern of the Red Rooster on Toro's 9' surf rod (not recommended). The guy is a good angler, takes care of his gear, allows the gear to work with him rather than fighting against the equipment. The Nomads are good rods. You will appreciate, and it's nice to have the second tip in the bag. You can cover more line classes and you have a back up if needed.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1528 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Our RP 6 day charter had a father and son from NC/FL travel with us. They brought the heavier Nomad rod, sure enough it performed flawlessly. They both worked together to land a 130# bluefin as well as many yellowfin, smaller bluefin, dorado, yellowtail... These are good functional pieces of gear, a good workaround to high travel costs for long rods.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1528 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post