CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    Daiwa Sealine SLX 30 Help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daiwa Sealine SLX 30 Help!
 Login/Join

Crew
posted
Is a Daiwa sealine slx 30 a good inexpensive basic reel for 3/4 to 1 1/2 day local trips to Catalina. Looking for a 30lb reel that is low maintanence, cast well and is a all-around basic reel.Open to any suggestions. I can only get in a few trips a year so looking for a basic 25#/30# reel. Thanks for any suggestions or input.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Yes, and so is the saltist 40 (diawa) which is a really good buy now. I think Big -5 has them at 120$ They are the old Gray colored ones, they are now coming out with newer Blue and red ones at a higher price, but based on your request, Get a good reel at it's lowest price yet. A Saltist 40, You won't be dissapointed.

sweet charity

Posts: 446 | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Take a good look at Penn's GS series. Great line capacity-lightweight frame-great caster. Charkbait has these and also the new Squalls.

Posts: 773 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of Ol Pedro
posted Hide Post
Look at the Penn 505 and 550's . They are good jigging reels and work well for throwing bait in the 25-30lb catagory . If you want to part with that Diawa let me know . I have a 30SH that I love .

Posts: 243 | Registered: 16 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post