New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wind on leaders
 Login/Join

Captain
posted
Has anyone tried a PG knot in place of serving? It seems to work and can be done without a jig.
A bobbin transports much easier. Any thoughts on Toro Tamer 16 stand as wind on leader material?

Posts: 107 | Registered: 10 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
* STRAND

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
We've been using the Toro 16 strand for wind-ons for years now. Works great. I run dual wall as does Blake here who makes 'em up for folks. Serving is preferred for heavier applications, it's the standard. We run multiple nails rather than serves for light tests for several reasons, one of which is that at lighter tests doing a proper serve with pressure can result in twisted or possibly damaged leader. Nails are faster, easier, safer. Further there are those that go that route on heavier rigs rather than a serve. I did a few vids on the various methods. Nails work very well as does a Nub-Knot with multiple nails. Use of the PG (PR, FG...?), at first glance, don't see a reason.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1433 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Maybe the best way to understand the concept is to mail you a sample.

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Sure, or drop by with one if you out this way. I'm curious as heck. Lots of ways to do things, no doubt about that.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1433 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Mailed an early attempt to your shop. The wraps were a little loose and I scrapped it. They have tested well and I'll see how they do on the swords off Miami.