CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    Release SG & Fuji/ALPS trigger grip compatability?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Release SG & Fuji/ALPS trigger grip compatability?
 Login/Join

Deckhand
posted
I'm off to Oman for my second year after the GT's and other exotica next spring. After last year's trip I don't want to use the heavy fixed spool gear that the boats use (Stella's on Jap GT rods).
I have a couple of custom 7ft, 1-3oz fast taper bait casting rods that I want to load up with suitable multipliers for casting 80-100g stick baits and poppers. I teamed one of these up this year with a Revo 61 Winch which was great for throwing soft plastics but too slow for the stick baits.
To this end, I'm looking for a LEFT HANDED smallish multiplier with a fast retrieve ratio for throwing and keeping in contact with the stick baits. At the moment I'm looking at a 300 or 400 Lexa but the SG Release reel has also caught my eye. With the reel clamp removed, would the foot of the Release sit well in a Fuji TCS trigger grip or an Alps AT16 aluminium trigger grip?

Posts: 13 | Registered: 31 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CB HB Staff
Captain
Picture of UnReel
posted Hide Post
Good morning , grabbed an SG this morning and tried it on the Alps and Fuji trigger grip reel seats and the SG did fit on both. That was without the reel clamp.

Hope the info helps,
Behdad

Posts: 169 | Registered: 15 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
Thanks Behdad.

Am now pretty sure I'm going to go with the Lexa 400 for the 1-3oz rod mentioned above.

If I wanted to pair the SG up with a rod for flylining livebaits for sailfish (up to c.120lb max), but which could also double up at a pinch for bottom bait duty, what rod would you recommend?

Posts: 13 | Registered: 31 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post