New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trolling lures?
 Login/Join

Crew
posted
Getting geared up for a Nov. trip to PV/Cabo. Would welcome suggestions for some skirted lures that would work well in both places. Due to weight restrictions (airlines) I can only take about a half dozen. Anybody got some favorites, preferably stocked by Charkbait? Will be targeting mostly marlin/tuna. Any suggestions?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Chark has several "kits" for trolling composed of mixed manufacturers' baits. Take a look at these if space is lacking.

Posts: 760 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SoCalAngler
posted Hide Post
So many to choose with different head styles, where you place each in the spread and sizes, can and are much debated. I like the Zuker line. Why? Because that what I grew up fishing and they still produce well for me. Now throw in which colors and it can make your head spin.

I'll list some colors I like. In the Cabo area for marlin, petrolero is a very good color at times. I'd also take two lighter corlos like dorado, bleeding dorado and one more darker like mean joe green or purple/black. That should cover you in colors.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SoCalAngler,

Posts: 402 | Registered: 22 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replie's, gents, I'll keep it simple and order some various zukers.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post