CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    new Avet HX, looking for a rod
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new Avet HX, looking for a rod
 Login/Join

Pinhead
posted
My son and I just got a great deal on a new Avet 2 speed HX...we are booked on the 4 day Red Rooster trip with you guys coming up on the 20th and working on getting all our gear set. We are planing on making this real into a heavy fish rod but it is still a 4 day vs. a "long range" heavy. I am looking for a recommendation on a rod to pair this real with and any thought on what line (braid and floro #). We will be getting to S.D. on Sunday and plan on hitting up your SD location for some new line, tackle, and hopefully a new rod. Your thought on a rod that will pair with the HX, big enough to deal with the 125# that we are hoping for and soft enough that you can feel the normal #50 fish.

Thank you,
Pat G
Truckee
Ca

Posts: 3 | Registered: 12 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
The folks at the shop can cover the match to rod and line class quite well. Megan and Ross are very good with product knowledge and know their gear. So, have some trust in their recommendations. Several good rod matches from 200-400 that will do an excellent job for you. Load the reel with 80# braid, top off with 50-60# leader, have some FL line to tie on and HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1367 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post