CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    My Summer offshore outfits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Summer offshore outfits
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted
I needed to get together some new gear for the Summer season. I will be mostly taking 1.5 day trips out of Fisherman's Landing. What I put together is:
20lb-Penn 525mag and custom 20lb Seeker Black Steel.
30lb-Shimano Trinidad 20A and 30lb Seeker Black Steel.
30lb-Avet JX Raptor and Calstar 800ML.
40lb- Accurate DPX2-500N with custom 6.5ft Seeker Black Steel
60lb trolling- Avet 30 and custom Super Seeker 60lb rod.

The only thing I don't have is a designated Jig stick but I bet the Avet JX Raptor with 8ft Calstar will cast jigs well with the magnetic cast control.

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crew
posted Hide Post
Looks like your set up for the season!

I like to have a 25lb set up in there somewhere, but thats just me.

My current set ups:

Shimano 300EJ - 50lb spectra w/ 20lb floro topshop on a Terramar West Coast series (Ive killed to many tuna with this set up...wait can that happen? Wink )
20lb - Avet SXJ w/ Okuma Cedros Inshore Heavy
25lb - Avet SX w/ Penn Graphiter style Rod
25lb - Avet MXJ w/ Seeker Classic
30lb - Avet MXJ w/ Penn Blue Water Carnage
30lb - Diawa Seagate w/ Calstar Black WC (Yo-yo Rig)

I really fell in love with Avets. Haha

Posts: 6 | Registered: 04 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted Hide Post
I agree with the 25lb. I tend to run that on my 20lb stick. It gives me just a bit more backbone to pull. I got my Avet JX Raptor from Charkbait today that that things a beast. I think I am going to run 40lb on it and run 30lb on my Accurate DPX2 500 Narrow. I fished some wide open kelp patties last year and everything was eating 40lb. The 2 speed would have helped crank in some big yellowtail. They pull hard. I jumped down to 25lb to get a bluefin. It's always good to have the full range of tests available.

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 147 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post