CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    Fall Flat, Flat Fall Rigging
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall Flat, Flat Fall Rigging
 Login/Join

CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted
Given the BIG bluefin we're catching down here I wanted to bring up a couple points. First off, the CB/TT Slash Jigs will become available next week. We've been waiting on these things all summer and they are now (almost) here. These were the jig that first captured attention with their effectiveness on the big bluefin and opah. They are rigged right from the start...just wish we had had 'em earlier. Better late than never.

Second one, we've heard some rumblings regarding re-rigging the Fall Flats or Flat Fall style slow pitch jigs (again these are not new fishing catching lures, they've been around a long time). As rigged one can say they are not appropriate for what we're catching now. They are fine for schoolie fish, not for 200-400 lb fish. So, tackle shops have been asked to rig them up for what's on tap out there. To go along with the rumblings has been some grumblings regarding "upgrade" failures that some tackle shops have contributed to. I'd like to share what the guys here do in re-rigging this style lure. (And I'll again mention, the Slash jigs are already set up well and don't require re-rigging).

Great Stuff!
Mark

fall

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
Closer... Swivels and split rings have been suspect parts used by many. Please note the ball bearing swivel used, 300# split ring and our Ultra Assist hooks. In this case the angler wanted a large treble for the trailer, some opt for singles. Re-rigging for 100 lb fish ain't quite the same as what would be needed for 300 pounders. Also, please also remember, on fish like we're seeing there are many things that can go wrong - even in the best of circumstances. Lots of ways to get a broken heart, we just try to improve the odds.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chark,

Great Stuff!
Mark

Flat

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Looks like this would be good for Gulf Grouper.

Posts: 90 | Registered: 10 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by froggywaldo:
Looks like this would be good for Gulf Grouper.

Yup, I agree, it definitely would.

Posts: 17 | Registered: 12 September 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post