CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    Trolling lures for the 1.5 day bluefin trips?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trolling lures for the 1.5 day bluefin trips?
 Login/Join

Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted
Anyone have any info about what is working on the troll on the 1.5 day bluefin/yellowtail trips out of San Diego? I am heading out next week.

Thanks!

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 27 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of SoCalAngler
posted Hide Post
Did a 1.5 last week, most of the fishing is done on kelp paddies for the yt and meter marks for the bft. You do troll looking for these but not a lot of fish hitting the blind troll. The usual suspects will produce like Zuker feather/grass skirts aand unpainted cedar plugs. We headed down 110 miles from the point and wacked the bft real good in the 20-65 lb size. I ended up with 4 bft from 30lbs to 45lbs and one that went 50lbs plus. Caught 4 on bait and one on the yoyo iron. Good luck to you.

Posts: 401 | Registered: 22 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Ever since the albacore disappeared the troll has been more of a chore then a fruitful exercise. We pick up a yellowtail or two when some kelp goes by or a blind tuna strike.

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.

Captain
Picture of MrTuna
posted Hide Post
Ended up catching my bluefin on a small Maurader.

Tackle stores love me.
Fish fear me.