CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    Avet Magic Cast Distance?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avet Magic Cast Distance?
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
What is the maximum distance one can expect to cast with an Avet Magic Cast Reel?

Thanks,

Posts: 33 | Registered: 07 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
Hi Bebop. A lot of it depends on how heavy of a lure or sinker you have...obviously, the heavier it is, the farther you can throw it. With the MC series Avets, the MC is always turned on...there are settings 1 through 5 (1 being the lowest/lightest and 5 being the heaviest setting). 1 is as low as you can go.

There are other factors too, like wind, etc. to consider when thinking about casting distance.

Of course it depends on which MC model you're talking about (SX, MX, JX/LX, or HX), but on a good day with the wind at your back, I don't see why you couldn't get a 75 or 80-yard cast if the lure/sinker was heavy enough.

Hope this helps!

- Mike

Posts: 108 | Registered: 27 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2nd Ticket
posted Hide Post
Bebopsax, I found if you "practice casting" with your various Avet MC reels, you can get a feel on how far you can casts different lures and etc..I consider this time of the year as my "off-season" and I spend as much time as I can trying to improve my "casting abilities" with the various reels I own, and other things like learning to tie different knots...Also, it is very important that you match your reels with the right rods you will be using...There is a local park nearby which has a large trout pond that I use. It gives me a similar feel, responses and reactions like casting in the ocean...It is like everything else, become familiar with your equipment. So like Allen Iverson once said, "practice, practice, man, we are talking about practice." Have fun and I will see ya on the "big water."

Posts: 38 | Registered: 11 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain
posted Hide Post
You can cast at a target as well as just trying to cast along way out there, that is a good way to learn. Try choosing a good target wisely, because you will eventually hit it. Hint: Not a swimmer or another boat O.K.?

sweet charity

Posts: 446 | Registered: 27 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post