CharkBait! Internet Sportfishing    The CharkBoards!    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Tackle Talk  Hop To Forums  Tackle Tips and Techniques    Knots for ringed hooks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Knots for ringed hooks
 Login/Join

2nd Ticket
posted
For most of my flouro/mono to hook connections I use either a palomar or improved clinch knot. Are these good knots to use with ringed hooks or is there a better option?

Posts: 45 | Registered: 17 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
posted Hide Post
Trilene!
Super strong, nice and small. Not the easiest in the world to tie but not too hard either. My #1 go-to.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 29 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Deckhand
Captain
Picture of Agate D
posted Hide Post
Actually love a palomar until about 40 lb. test. Everytime I take a trip I study the trilene and the San Diego, and then tie the Improved clinch. Take your time and pull strong and it's a great knot!

Posts: 773 | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CharkBait Staff
Captain
Picture of Chark
posted Hide Post
I'm a palomar guy for just about everything under 80#, but do use an SD knot for iron usually. Lots of good knots, but the most important thing is to practice so you know what you're doing even when "buck-fever" strikes and you get flustered in the midst of a good bite. Then practice and consistency of your knots is paramount in success.

Great Stuff!
Mark

Posts: 1542 | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post